According to home improvement-and financing.com experts, most older small bathroom design installations have the obligatory toilet, a small sink and small sized bath tub, however the inconvenient design and installed location of each fixture and fitting usually means that there is no space left over for anything else, not least a shower or larger more family sized sink .
Older bathroom designs often don’t allow for a luxurious bath under the window so that you can gaze out at the stars and you relax and soak in the tub, some are placed well but are the wrong way round with the taps to the exterior view intsead of your head.
A very inconvenient installation is placing the basin directly under the window… no chance of a non-steam mirror there and if you have a small mirror propped up on the window sill – you have the daylight coming in behind it, greatly reducing visibility in the mirror AND cutting out light coming into the room!
The ugliest items on view in older bathrooms are the water boiler and the toilet cistern and getting these out of sight is often a priority in small bathroom design remodeling projects.
Beautiful Baths expert installers can take the stress of Bathroom remodeling off your minds by working with you to redesign your bathroom taking in consideration functionality, looks and costs.
Making a small bathroom design into a multi-functional family bathroom means including as many fixtures and fittings as your family requires, while still leaving as much visible floor space as possible – to help give the illusion of space and prevent additional installations from creating a cramped space.
Action Plan and Tips
- 1. Draw a plan of your bathroom as it is now – (try using graph paper with 1/2″ by 1/2″ grids using these as 6″ by 6″ squares)
- 2. Draw a plan of the same space with the fittings where you would ideally want them
- 3. Get a number of estimates for moving any supply and waste systems to see if this new small bathroom design plan suits your budget.
- Visit as many bathroom show rooms and home improvement shows as possible and talk to the experts there to give you more ideas and also look out for new products and special offers.
- 4. Re-draw your plan if necessary with the new ideas that match both your dreams and your budget.
- 5. Locate the right certified, qualified professionals and as well as get references, and written estimates from as many as you can – go and have a look at work that they have recently done, don’t start until you are sure that you have the right contractors who have the experience to see the job through to a quality finish.
The easiest part of a small bathroom design project is the planning, but it is important to take your time and make all the changes before you start the actual work. Give yourself time to discover all of the options available to you that will help make your dream small bathroom design.